Industrial Automation System in Doha | Qatar | Bahrain
PROMAG specializes in providing top-class industrial automation system services in Doha, Qatar, and Bahrain. We offer solutions predominantly in Oil & Gas and Water & Sewage segments.
Our industrial automation systems division delivers value that encompasses DCS, PLC, RTU, and SCADA systems. Additionally, our industrial automation engineering capability involves efficiently using industrial automation tools in projects related to DC systems and emergencies.
Our experience and expertise rank us among the top industrial automation companies in the GCC. We have successfully designed and delivered industrial automation systems across multiple sectors, each with its unique requirements and challenges.
How can businesses benefit from Industrial Automation Systems?
Why are industrial automation companies always in business?
How do industrial automation systems impact your business?
Why do we see constant R & D happening in industrial automation engineering?
The answer to all of the above questions lies in the fact that industrial automation systems positively impact almost all aspects of a business and offer huge advantages with little or no disadvantages.
Even small organizations and simple businesses can benefit from industrial automation systems. Let us take a look at the top benefits.
- Increased production –When compared to humans, machines can work unattended, at a constant desired speed, and for much longer. Hence, without the constraints of shifts, employee absences, training, and supervision, production will be higher and also along expected lines.
- Increased and consistent quality – Automation can also enhance product quality as it does away with human errors and variability. More importantly, automation guarantees the desired level of quality for every unit of production and greater control over the production process.
- Increased worker safety – The predictability of automation enhances the safety of the users. Also with automation, businesses have the option to exclude employees from dangerous tasks and contact with hazardous materials.
- Increased business profitability – Automation helps businesses to easily scale up their operation while reducing costs. Here there is an increase in the revenue and profitability of the business.
- Reduced factory lead time – Automation can also reduce dependability on third parties (outsourcing) as businesses can easily introduce new products and processes in-house.
- Reduced energy consumption – By replacing employees with machines, the need for heating, lighting, and other utilities is reduced.
- Reduced supervision – Machines can quickly learn new tasks and requires minimal to no supervision
- Reduced operating costs – With automation, there is lesser labor cost, lesser energy cost, and less material wastage cost due to errors.
Types of Industrial Automation Systems
Automation allows flexibility in operations as well which makes it possible for businesses of various kinds to invest in an industrial automation system that best suits their requirement. Let us take a look t the various types of industrial automation systems and where they are best suited.
- Fixed Automation System – In a Fixed Automation System, the same set of equipment is used to perform the same set of operations or tasks. This operation hardly ever undergoes any alterations. When manufacturing occurs on a large scale or the workflow is continuous, such as with the use of conveyors, the Fixed Automation System performs well.
- Programmable Automation System – A programmable automation system allows for periodic adjustments to both the processes and the machines. Machines are occasionally reprogrammed based on the situation and use electronic controllers. Unlike mass production processes, programmable automation is used for batch processing.
- Flexible Automation System – When the product varies regularly, a flexible automation system is employed. Here, an operator provides a code to the computer that relates to a particular job, and the computer uses this code to identify the necessary tools and equipment and continue with the production.
- Integrated Automation System – When a control system manages the automation system utilized in production, it is known as an integrated automation system. The automation system may consist of a variety of separate devices, functions, and data that operate in unison under the management of the control system. Complex production control and scheduling are required for this type of automation.
Types of Industrial Automation Tools
- SCADA – SCADA stands for Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition. It collects actionable data that is used to manage, monitor, and optimize a system. The application of SCADA can be seen in petrochemical distillation processes, water filtration systems, pipeline compressors, etc.
- Programmable Logic Controller – PLC is an industrial computer control system that can be pre-programmed to execute automatic operations in the manufacturing process. It monitors and receives information from input devices and then processes the information and alerts the output devices to perform the tasks.
- Human Machine Interface – HMI is a software application that allows interactions and humans and machines – Humans who operate machines and the machines who perform the production tasks.
- Artificial Neural Network – ANN is a mathematical model that processes information from biological networks. Applications of this industrial automation tool include financial solutions and data mining.
- Distributed Control System – DCS is probably the most widely used among all the industrial automation tools. It contains multiple controller components and is used in electrical power grids, generation plants, traffic signals, water management systems, etc.
- Robotics – Used in surgery, entertainment, customer service, etc. to perform complex tasks in an efficient manner.
With a decade of experience, right project team and plethora of delighted clients – Promag have
proved to be a committed partner for large scale projects.